The 90-Day Challenge

There’s only one place in the Bible where God told his followers to test him. In the book of Malachi, when teaching about generosity, God said, “Test me in this and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven.” It’s a step of faith. When it comes to our finances, what God really wants is for us to trust him with our whole hearts.

Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.
Malachi 3:10


Tithing is a giving principle that teaches us to give the first 10% of our income to the local church; it is one of the most tangible ways we worship God. It declares that He is first in our lives and opens our hearts to His plan. We believe wholeheartedly that God blesses those who give generously, so if you’re not tithing already, we want to issue a challenge: Take the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. Tithe for three months and trust God with the rest. If you don’t start to see a transformation in your heart or in your life, we will refund 100% of your tithe, no questions asked.

Let’s trust Him and watch what He does.

I’m Ready to Take the 90-Day Tithe Challenge

I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through Sun Valley Community Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. If I tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to the promises of Malachi 3, Sun Valley Community Church will refund 100% of my tithe.


    1. I understand this form must be completed, submitted and received by the Sun Valley Community Church Business Team prior to my first donation during the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
    2. I understand my household qualifies for participation because we have not been tithing for the last six months.
    3. I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of my 90-Day Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
    4. I understand any request for refund must be received by the Sun Valley Community Church Business Team within 30 days of the end of the 90-Day Tithe Challenge Period.
    5. I understand if giving by cash, a giving envelope must be completed so that my gift can be properly credited.
    6. If paying online, I understand I must log in prior to paying my tithe, so that my tithe can be properly credited.

By submitting this online form, you are agreeing to the terms and beginning the 90-Day Tithe Challenge. If you have any questions, please email giving@sunvalleycc.com.

Sign-Up for the Challenge!

Frequently Asked Questions

We will refund 100% of the tithe you gave during the 90-Day Tithing Challenge period. This period begins on the day you submitted your commitment form. Tithes or offerings given prior to this date will not be refunded.

Requests for refund must be received within 120 days of when you submitted your commitment form—30 days after your 90-Day Challenge ends.

No. Although we would like for you to commit to this journey for 90 days. You can request a refund at any time, but the request must be within 30 days after your 90-Day Tithing Challenge ends.

Email giving@sunvalleycc.com or send a written request to: Sun Valley Community Church, Finance Department, 456 E. Ray Road, Gilbert, AZ 85296

All refunds, regardless of how the tithe was given (check, credit card, cash), will be issued by check and mailed to the address on file.

Yes, no matter what method of giving used, your gifts will be recorded and tracked. To ensure cash gifts are being tracked please use an envelope providing name and address. Statements are available to download anytime through Rock. If you would like to receive paper statements, email us and we will make sure to send one out in January.

If you claimed a deduction on your income tax return for the tithe that will now be refunded, you should consult with a tax advisor on filing an amended return. You can download your statement or request that we send you a written statement for your records.

Give now